Supermarket Fit-Out Cleaning in Hampshire – Asda’s RefitOur retail & shop-fitting projects are going from strength to strength with yet another successful completion, this time our expert… View Article
Building site cabin cleaning, welfare facility cleaning to builders, construction companies and organising cleaning for site welfare.The law says that clients and contractors have responsibilities regarding welfare facilities on construction projects. Contractors provide welfare facilities and clients must ensure this happens.
The pre-construction information prepared by the client should include the arrangements for welfare provision. On notifiable projects (longer than 30 days or 500 person days), the client must ensure the construction phase does not start unless they are satisfied that there are arrangements for welfare facilities to be provided. Simply Cleaning will maintain the facilities throughout the life of the project. We provide building site cabin cleaning, specialising in the daily welfare cleaning of construction site offices and welfare facilities. Throughout the lifetime of your build our experienced SSSTS and CSCS trained operatives will cover all cleaning aspects of site welfare accommodation. We can provide cleans of kitchens, canteens, washrooms, locker rooms and office space. We can also provide builders cleans, final cleans and sparkle cleans for your new build or refurbishment projection.
The nature and scale of cleaning required will depend on the size, location and type of project. Facilities required include:
- Washing facilities
- Drinking water
- Changing rooms and lockers
- Facilities for rest
What you need to know
Everyone who works on any site must have:
- Access to adequate toilet and washing facilities
- A place for preparing and consuming refreshments
- Somewhere for storing and drying clothing and personal protective equipment.
- If mobile teams work at a number of locations over a few days (eg road repair and cable-laying gangs), these facilities can be provided at a central location accessible within a reasonable distance or time.
Decisions and action on welfare facilities need to be taken at an early stage of project planning.
- Suitable and sufficient sanitary conveniences shall be provided or made available at readily accessible places. So far as is reasonably practicable, rooms containing sanitary conveniences shall be adequately ventilated and lit.
- Simply Cleaning will work with you to ensure so far as is reasonably practicable, sanitary conveniences and the rooms containing them shall be kept in a clean and orderly condition.
- Separate rooms containing sanitary conveniences shall be provided for men and women, except where and so far as each convenience is in a separate room, the door of which is capable of being secured from the inside.
- Suitable and sufficient washing facilities, including showers if required by the nature of the work or for health reasons, shall so far as is reasonably practicable be provided or made available at readily accessible places.
- Washing facilities shall be provided:
(a)in the immediate vicinity of every sanitary convenience, whether or not provided elsewhere; and (b)in the vicinity of any changing rooms required whether or not provided elsewhere.
- Washing facilities shall include:
(a)a supply of clean hot and cold, or warm, water (which shall be running water so far as is reasonably practicable); (b)soap or other suitable means of cleaning; and (c)towels or other suitable means of drying.
- Rooms containing washing facilities shall be sufficiently ventilated and lit.
- Washing facilities and the rooms containing them shall be kept in a clean and orderly condition.
- Separate washing facilities shall be provided for men and women, except where and so far as they are provided in a room the door of which is capable of being secured from inside and the facilities in each such room are intended to be used by only one person at a time.
- The above shall not apply to facilities which are provided for washing hands, forearms and face only.
- An adequate supply of wholesome drinking water shall be provided or made available at readily accessible and suitable places.
- Every supply of drinking water shall be conspicuously marked by an appropriate sign where necessary for reasons of health and safety.
- Where a supply of drinking water is provided, there shall also be provided a sufficient number of suitable cups or other drinking vessels unless the supply of drinking water is in a jet from which persons can drink easily.
Changing rooms and lockers
14.(1) Suitable and sufficient changing rooms shall be provided or made available at readily accessible places if:
(a)a worker has to wear special clothing for the purposes of his work; and
(b)he cannot, for reasons of health or propriety, be expected to change elsewhere, being separate rooms for, or separate use of rooms by, men and women where necessary for reasons of propriety.
(2) Changing rooms shall:
(a)be provided with seating; and
(b)include, where necessary, facilities to enable a person to dry any such special clothing and his own clothing and personal effects.
(3) Suitable and sufficient facilities shall, where necessary, be provided or made available at readily accessible places to enable persons to lock away:
(a)any such special clothing which is not taken home;
(b)their own clothing which is not worn during working hours; and
(c)their personal effects.
Facilities for rest
15.(1) Suitable and sufficient rest rooms or rest areas shall be provided or made available at readily accessible places.
(2) Rest rooms and rest areas shall:
(a)include suitable arrangements to protect non-smokers from discomfort caused by tobacco smoke;
(b)be equipped with an adequate number of tables and adequate seating with backs for the number of persons at work likely to use them at any one time;
(c)where necessary, include suitable facilities for any person at work who is a pregnant woman or nursing mother to rest lying down;
(d)include suitable arrangements to ensure that meals can be prepared and eaten;
(e)include the means for boiling water; and be maintained at an appropriate temperature.
Simply Cleaning support contractors in their daily building site cabin cleaning requirements. We work with regional and national contractors. We have the knowledge and experience to efficiently manage your daily building site cabin cleaning requirements, whatever the scale of your building project. A clean working environment for staff and subcontractors is important and a must in order to comply with Health & Safety Executive guidelines. The guidelines require that you ensure ‘the cleaning and maintenance of the welfare facilities’, Simply Cleaning will provide you with professional consultation and a reliable cleaning service for any size of facility.
Call Simply Cleaning we offer competitive site cabin cleaning and welfare cleaning facilities service that will ensure a safe, clean working environment throughout the duration of your project, from daily welfare services to a weekly welfare cleaning service.
Call our cleaning team on: 01454 260600
Email our cleaning services on: email@example.com